Breakfast Taco Cups
Let’s taco bout how delicious this breakfast is.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) black beans
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese onto the baking sheets, spreading in an even layer, 1” apart. Bake about 5 minutes, until bubbly and just starting to turn golden brown at the edges. Remove from oven and let cool a couple of minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese and immediately drape over inverted ramekins or an upside down muffin pan. Press cheese gently to form a cup. Cool completely.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until eggs are no longer wet.
- Fill cups with eggs, black beans, bacon, avocado, pico de gallo, sour cream and cilantro.
- Refrigerate leftovers.