Briami (Baked Vegetable Medley)
Feel free to add radishes, peppers, sweet potatoes, or any other vegetable that takes your fancy to add more variety to this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium beets, cut into wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all vegetables and garlic in large baking dish; add olive oil and mix well. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper; add enough water to cover bottom half of baking dish and contents.
- Bake uncovered 50–60 minutes, or until water has been absorbed. Make sure to stir vegetables at least once halfway through cooking time.
- Serve warm.