To make these cookies extra special, create a mixture of 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Just when the cookies are cool enough to handle, roll them in the mixture.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a food processor or nut grinder to grind the almonds into small pieces. (They should not be ground into a powder.)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and almonds in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and vanilla. Stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Make 24 balls about the size of golf balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.