Brie and Asparagus Tart
This tart looks like it took hours to prepare, but it is very easy! If you like, add some chopped prosciutto or ham. It’s wonderful with a cup of soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 wheel (8 oz.) brie cheese, rind removed, sliced into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet on lightly floured work surface. Trim 1⁄2 inch from all sides of pastry. Brush edges of pastry with egg, then lay the pastry strips around the edges, trimming so they fit without overlapping. With a fork, poke holes into the base of the pastry.
- Lay brie slices on pastry and top with asparagus. Brush edges of pastry with egg and bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed. Cool on the pan 10 minutes, then add lemon zest and shaved Parmesan. Serve warm or at room temperature.