Each pastry cup is filled with either sautéed mushrooms, ham or cherry jam and topped with a hunk of creamy, melty Brie for a variety of delicious bites to choose from.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into 13 pieces, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 package (13.2 oz.) puff pastry dough (1 sheet)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 4 tablespoons cherry jam
- 4 ounces Murray's® Mini Brie Cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium nonstick pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add 1 piece of rosemary and garlic; cook 1 minute or until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes, until mushrooms have browned.
- Add whiskey; continue cooking 3 minutes, until alcohol burns off. Remove pan from heat; let cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry dough; cut into 12 even squares.
- In 12-cup muffin tin, place each square, pressing down slightly. Brush edges of puff pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake 10 minutes, until the center puffs up slightly. Remove from oven.
- Use the back of a spoon to slightly push down center of each cup. Fill 4 of the cups with sautéed mushroom mixture, 4 with an ounce each diced ham, and the remaining 4 with a tablespoon each cherry jam. Top each filled cup with a piece of Brie.
- Return to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until Brie is just slightly melted. Remove from oven. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top each Brie bite with a piece of rosemary, then serve.