Brie and Fig Crostini
Creamy brie and sweet fig jam make ideal partners in this easy app.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 baguette, cut into ¼” slices
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 wheel (about 15 oz.) brie, sliced
- 1 jar fig jam (any variety)
- 2 tbsp. toasted, slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Combine butter and olive oil in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush butter mixture evenly on both sides of each baguette slice. Bake 7-8 minutes, or until bread begins to toast to a golden brown.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven and flip bread slices. Place a piece of brie on each crostini. Return to the oven and warm 2-3 minutes, allowing bottom side of bread to crisp and brie to begin to melt.
- Top each crostini with a generous spoonful of fig jam and a sprinkle of toasted almonds. Serve immediately. You can refrigerate leftovers, but these crostini are best enjoyed on the day of making.