Brie and Roasted Red Pepper Fondue
This fondue tastes excellent served with a French baguette or Italian breadsticks.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (8 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- Cut the Brie into cubes. Toss the cheese cubes with the flour and set aside.
- Rub the garlic around the inside of a medium saucepan. Discard. Add the wine to the saucepan and warm on medium-low heat. Don’t allow the wine to boil.
- When the wine is warm, stir in the lemon juice. Add the cheese, a handful at a time. Stir the cheese continually in a sideways figure eight pattern. Wait until the cheese is completely melted before adding more. Don’t allow the fondue mixture to boil.
- When the cheese is melted, turn up the heat until it is just bubbling and starting to thicken. Stir in the roasted peppers. Heat through, transfer to a fondue pot, and set on the burner.