Broccoli, Avocado, and Sesame Salad
For this salad, cook broccoli florets; toss with ripe avocado, strips of lemon zest, sesame seeds; and sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 quart water
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lemon, washed
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place broccoli florets in medium saucepan and cover with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5–7 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- With a vegetable zester or peeler, cut long, thin strips of peel. Cut lemon in half across the middle, and squeeze out the juice.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, avocado, sesame seeds, and lemon peel. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, lemon juice, and olive oil and toss gently.