Broccoli Bacon Salad
This twist on a classic salad will make even broccoli haters take second helpings! The trick is to make it at least 12 hours ahead of time, so the broccoli has a chance to soften in the dressing.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 12 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside. Cut broccoli into small florets. Combine in large bowl with bacon, red and green onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and toss gently.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over broccoli mixture and stir well. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours before serving.