Broccoli Cacio e Pepe Pasta
Finely chopped broccoli florets add a boost of veggie-powered nutrition to this simple and comforting classic pasta dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Italian Spaghetti
- 16 ounces broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated pecorino Romano
- In large pot, bring water and a generous amount of salt to a boil. Add spaghetti; cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, butter and pepper until pepper is fragrant. Stir in broccoli and about ½ cup of pasta water; cook until slightly reduced.
- Add spaghetti, tossing to coat. Add cheese, stirring until melted. If needed, adjust consistency with additional pasta water. Season to taste.