Broccoli and Cheese Frittata
A frittata is a hearty Italian omelet. A wonderfully versatile dish that can change according to the ingredients you have available (here we use broccoli and Provolone cheese), a great way to make a meal out of bits of leftovers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Preheat broiler. In large bowl, whisk together eggs milk, and garlic salt. Set aside
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Using a paper towel, grease bottom and sides of pan with oil. Add onion; cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes until soft. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4–5 minutes.
- Remove cover and add cheese, broccoli florets, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Place skillet under broiler and broil for 30 seconds or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.