Broccoli Cheese Soup
This is one of the easiest soups you can make. It’s a great way to get kids to eat broccoli!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 1⁄2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- Combine broth, water, flour, onion powder, and pepper in a large stockpot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream and cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Add the broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.