Broccoli Crustless Quiche
Make this recipe any time you want the elegance of a quiche without all the calories and fat from a crust.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups ½" whole-wheat bread cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup cream
- ¾ cup grated Emmentaler cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly spray a deep 9" pie plate with nonstick spray. Spread the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once or twice, until the bread is lightly toasted, 5–7 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook until it becomes soft and translucent, 7–10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Place the toasted bread cubes, onion mixture, broccoli, and zucchini in a large bowl and combine with the eggs, egg whites, cream, Emmentaler cheese, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake until the center of the quiche is set, about 40–50 minutes.