Broccoli Curry Soup
Inspired by Indian cuisine, this curried broccoli soup is mildly spiced with a velvety smooth texture and creamy taste.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, stems peeled and sliced, tops broken into florets
- 1 stalk Simple Truth Organic™ Celery Hearts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Curry Powder
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3 cups cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- In a large pot, steam broccoli and celery until tender. Drain, discarding liquid. Reserve 1 cup of cooked florets. Puree steamed vegetables in processor or blender and set aside.
- In same large pot, melt butter. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Blend in flour and curry powder.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cream. Stir constantly until soup thickens. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add reserved broccoli. Heat through and season to taste with salt and pepper.