Broccoli and Fried Shallots
Fried shallots pair nicely with the broccoli. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin A and C and is only 20 calories for a 1⁄2-cup serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until vibrant green and crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté, stirring until the shallots are just lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, salt, and pepper, and stir-fry for about 1 minute, until mixed. Serve hot.