An immersion blender is an invaluable tool for making soup recipes neat and simple. If you don’t have one, you can use a blender or food processor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ lbs. broccoli, chopped
- 5 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and ⅛ teaspoon white pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Purée soup using an immersion blender and serve hot.