Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Serves: 5Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or penne
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Boil noodles in a large pot for 6 minutes. Add broccoli and corn kernels and cook for 2 more minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Drain, and reserve ½ cup of cooking liquid. Return noodles and vegetables to the pot.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease medium baking dish using nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix reserved cooking liquid, cottage cheese, mustard, and Tabasco until smooth.
- Stir cottage-cheese mixture into noodles, broccoli, and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.