Broccoli Mushroom Frittata
Packed with loads of protein from the egg whites and eggs, and rich in carbohydrates from all of the fresh vegetables, this omelet is both nutritious and delicious. Customize it using your favorite veggies.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup diced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
- 6 large egg whites
- 6 large whole eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, onion, and water to skillet and cook until tender, but not soft.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and pour over veggie mixture.
- Cook until the center begins to shake and bubble from the heat, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese, and place in preheated oven for 10–15 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.