Broccoli Pine Nut Pesto
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 8 cups broccoli florets (from about 1¾ lbs. broccoli)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Immerse the broccoli in the water and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid, then transfer the broccoli to a colander and drain.
- Combine the pine nuts and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the machine, add the broccoli, the reserved cooking liquid, the oil, vinegar, and crushed red pepper and process to a coarse purée. Season with black pepper and remaining salt.