Broccoli and Three-Cheese Bake
To change this recipe up a bit, substitute the broccoli with fresh or frozen cauliflower or baby carrots.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters
- 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix rice, 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning, Italian herbs, and Egg Beaters. Lay rice mixture in dish, pressing to the bottom.
- Mix broccoli, onions, peppers, garlic, mozzarella cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Pour broccoli mixture over rice.
- Combine milk, flour, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning and pour over broccoli. Top with breadcrumbs and remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.