Broccoli with Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
Broccoli and savory vegetarian oyster sauce make a perfect combination. You can serve this dish with hearty vegetarian and tofu dishes or enjoy it as a main dish with a side of simple cooked rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. broccoli, spears chopped and florets separated
- 3 tsp. vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water plus 4 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Add oil to a medium skillet or a preheated wok. When oil is hot, add broccoli spears. Then add florets.
- Add vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar, and 1⁄4 cup of water. Cover and cook about 3 minutes, or until broccoli turns brilliant green.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and remaining water. Uncover the wok. Make a well in the middle and add cornstarch mixture, stirring quickly to thicken. Mix thoroughly.