Broiled Banana Grapefruit
Skip sugar on your grapefruit and enjoy the natural sweetness and flavor of banana slices, arranged like flower petals. Broiling adds richness to the flavor by caramelizing the fruits.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 3 minutesTotal: 8 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 whole red grapefruit, halved crosswise
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 pinch salt
- Arrange the broiler rack to be 4-6" from the broiler element. Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the grapefruit into segments, keeping the half intact by using a grapefruit knife. Arrange the banana slices on top of the grapefruit to resemble flower petals.
- Melt the ghee; stir in the pie spice and salt. Brush mixture onto the banana slices and broil, just until golden brown. Serve warm.