Broiled Chicken Leg Quarters
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- Preheat the broiler and adjust the rack so the chicken will be about 8 inches from the heating element.
- Soften the butter and combine with the seasonings. Gently loosen the skin on the thigh end of each chicken piece and spread each with a quarter of the butter-herb mixture. Spread the mixture under the skin by pressing gently on the top of the skin.
- Place the prepared chicken on the broiler pan skin side up. Total broiling time will be 35 to 45 minutes; turn the quarters after 20 minutes.