Broiled Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce
This quick and delicious appetizer is a deconstructed version of the popular satay dish. If you prefer to grill the chicken, soak wooden skewers in water for a couple hours before threading the chicken on them.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 jar (8 oz.) peanut satay sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, turmeric, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Skewer each piece of chicken onto a wooden skewer and place on a broiler pan. Broil skewers 4 minutes per side until heated through.
- Serve with peanut sauce.