A little bit sweet, a little bit tart – this broiled grapefruit recipe brings the best of both worlds together.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut grapefruit in half and use a knife to cut out the sections in the halves. Spoon the sections and juice into a bowl, then scrape out all of the remaining thick skins and pulp.
- Spoon the sections from the bowl back into the halves. Tip: This is best done one half at a time.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top of each grapefruit half, adjusting amount to desired taste. Dot with butter. Place the halves on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the butter is melted and sugar starts to turn brown.