A simple recipe for butterflied and broiled lobster tail brushed with a basic garlic butter.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic, finely shredded or minced to a paste-like consistency
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. paprika
- 2 (6 oz.) lobster tails, thawed
- Fresh lemon for serving
- Heat broiler to high heat. Set rack about 5”-6” from broiler.
- In a small bowl stir together butter, garlic and paprika.
- Using kitchen shears, cut down the center of the lobster shell from the open end to the tail fins. Gently use clean fingers to open the shell and loosen the meat while keeping it intact on the fin end.
- Place the lobster meat so most of it is resting on top of the cut shell.
- Place lobster tails on a baking pan; generously brush lobster meat with the butter mixture.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes or until the lobster meat is slightly browned on the top and opaque, and internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Serve with lemon and additional melted butter if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.