Broiled Mozzarella and Tomato Bruschetta
Delicious Italian bread, melted Mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and aromatic garlic – when it comes to flavorful finger foods, does it get any better? Pass around this crowd-pleasing Italian appetizer at your next party.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 9 minutesTotal: 14 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 loaf Simple Truth Organic™ Ready to Bake Rustic Italian Style Artisan Bread
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 tomato, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut the bread in half crosswise, then slice in half lengthwise. Place the pieces of bread cut side up on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush oil over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until just lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Stir together tomatoes and green onions. Sprinkle over toasted side of bread and then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Return pan to oven and broil just until cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 2-4 minutes. Cut bruschetta into sections and serve immediately.