Broiled Potato Skins
For extra flavor, add 1 tablespoon of sour cream or plain yogurt, and a small amount of chopped green onion to the cooked skins.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 4 baked potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4 Tbsp. grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Position oven rack about 4" from heat source. Preheat broiler. Chop the bacon into tiny pieces.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of the potato, leaving ½" of potato pulp around the skin.
- Spread the butter on the inside of the potato skins. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet, skin-side down. Sprinkle the grated cheese and the chopped bacon on top. Add the salt and pepper. Broil until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.