Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic chocolate chip cookies with a hint of nuttiness from brown butter.
Serves: 36Cook: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 sticks butter, softened and divided
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place 1 stick butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Melt and continue cooking until golden brown, pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- In a large bowl beat butter, brown butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and salt; beat until well incorporated. Add flour and baking soda, blend until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough 2-inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Immediately after removing pan from the oven tap pan firmly against stove top to deflate cookies slightly. Allow to cool on pan 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.