These thumbprint cookies hold up well for shipping. Add them to your next care package!
Makes: 60Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. strong hot coffee
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, vanilla, and granulated sugar until very light. Blend in flour and salt.
- Shape teaspoons of dough into balls. Place on baking sheet. Press thumb in center to make an indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and press center down again if necessary. Cool.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Add hot coffee and vanilla; stir until smooth. Use to fill depression in each cookie.