Brown Rice and Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
Try this easy weeknight meal that your family is sure to love!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Brown Rice, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 4 large bell peppers with flat bottoms, tops cut off and reserved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell peppers from reserved tops, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Eckrich® Smoked Sausage Rope, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kroger Cajun seasoning
- Set your oven to 350º.
- Cook Brown Rice according to the directions on the package.
- When rice is cooked add it to a large bowl along with the shrimp. Then add the onion, sausage, tomatoes, shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Optional: add 1⁄2 cup bell peppers from reserved tops, finely chopped, to the mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly between peppers.
- Put the peppers in the oven for 20-25 minutes to soften and cook filling.
- Add fresh herbs like chives, cilantro or scallions.
- Refrigerate leftovers.