Brown Sugar, Bourbon & Maple-Glazed Ham
This slow-roasted, spiral-cut ham is basted with spiced brown sugar, bourbon and maple syrup glaze. It’s then served with whole grain mustard on prepared dinner rolls.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Kroger® Spiral Cut Honey Ham Half (8-10 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Private Selection™ Ground Cloves
- 3 teaspoons Kroger® Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 orange, zested (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups water
- Dinner rolls, to serve
- Dijon mustard, to serve
- Let ham sit at room temperature for one hour prior to cooking.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan, heat bourbon, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, maple syrup and orange zest until the sugar dissolves.
- Add water to the bottom of a roasting pan and place ham on the rack. Brush generously with the glaze, loosely tent with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes per pound, basting with glaze every 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and glaze one more time to develop a crust in the last 20 minutes of baking.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving with prepared dinner rolls and Dijon mustard. Reserve pan juices to pour over finished ham.