Brown Sugar Bread
Perfectly sweet and comforting, this easy bread makes for a tasty breakfast, snack or dessert. Enjoy it with fresh berries or your favorite topping.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 5”x9” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, milk and vegetable oil. Slowly stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool; remove from loaf pan.
- Slice into pieces. Serve with fresh berries.