Brown Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies with a praline flavor are a wonderful treat anytime. Give the cookies even more flavor by substituting vanilla-butter-nut flavoring for the vanilla.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ⅔ cup vegetable shortening
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mix shortening, butter, and sugars until creamy and light. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla to shortening mixture; blend well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; add to mixture. Blend well; blend in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1½" diameter log. Wrap in wax paper; chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice dough ½" thick; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8–10 minutes. Cool completely.