Browned Butter Walnut Cookies
Try to resist these nutty sweet cookies. It’s practically impossible! Pecans or almonds would also work in this recipe.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Cook, watching carefully, until the butter is light golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the butter has hardened but is still slightly soft, transfer it to the mixing bowl of a mixer. Add sugar and salt and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and mix on low until uniformly combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a log and wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into thin slices and place on prepared baking sheets 2" apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are darker than the centers. Move to a cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies will keep for several days stored in an airtight container.