Brownie Buttercream Bites
These chocolatey bites are soft and chewy on the inside and delightful crunchy on the outside. They’re topped with a simple chocolate buttercream for a just-the-right size treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1⁄4 cup butter, oil, brown sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Add 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, flour, and beat until incorporated. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Scoop dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Press the top of each brownie bite down with two fingers to flatten the dough slightly. Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies begin to crack and puff slightly. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine confectioners’ sugar, 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, 1⁄2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and milk. Beat until smooth.
- When brownie bites are completely cool, spread each one with frosting and top with sprinkles.