Brownie Pudding Cake
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease medium baking pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, the baking powder, and the salt. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla and blend together. Pour into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and the remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Pour the hot water over the entire batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack.