You may add a variety of things to this batter before baking, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped candy bars, or dried fruits. The brownies can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or covered in chocolate frosting after they have cooled.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat the eggs into the butter mixture; then stir in the vanilla and water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture; stir to combine. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish, and smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes. Cool slightly in pan, and then cut into 16 squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.