This chicken dinner is sure to be voted a winner at your dinner table! Fresh basil, aromatic garlic and zesty balsamic add next-level flavor this dish. Simplify your dinner by ordering all ingredients to be picked up curbside or delivered right to your door!
Serves: 4Prep: 40 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large (1.5 lbs.) Simple Truth™ Natural Chicken Breasts Boneless & Skinless
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 1⁄4 cups Private Selection™ Cherry Tomatoes, chopped very fine (almost makes a paste)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely diced, plus additional basil for serving
- Slice the chicken breasts in half widthwise and pound to even thickness to get 4 even pieces of chicken. Set aside in a large bag.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Add salt and pepper to personal preference. Whisk until ingredients are combined and then remove ⅓ cup of this mixture and set aside in the fridge.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the prepared chicken breasts. Seal the bag, knead the chicken to coat in the marinade and place in the fridge. Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minute and no longer than 4 hours to avoid drying out the chicken.
- For the Bruschetta topping, in a medium-size bowl, add the finely chopped tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, red onion, basil, 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss until combined. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate while you prepare the quinoa and grill the chicken.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean and greased. To grease, dredge a paper towel in vegetable oil and holding it with tongs, rub it all over the grate. Preheat the grill to medium heat about 375-450ºF. Do not exceed 450ºF to avoid drying out the chicken. Grill the chicken until completely cooked through, about 4-6 minutes per side depending on heat of the grill. Chicken should be at 165ºF at its thickest part. Remove 2 tablespoons from the reserved ⅓ cup marinade. Generously brush chicken with the reserved marinade mix as it grills. Reserve the last 2 tablespoons for the finished chicken.
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions using the chicken stock or broth in place of the water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fluff the quinoa and set aside to slightly cool.
- Meanwhile, finely ribbon the lettuce and then toss with the warmed quinoa. By this time, liquid will have accumulated in the bruschetta mixture. Drain this liquid off over the quinoa and toss.
- Divide the quinoa mixture evenly among four plates. Add one piece of grilled chicken to each plate and drizzle on the last remaining 2 tablespoons marinade evenly among each piece. Divide the bruschetta mixture evenly among each plate. Thinly slice or chop the avocado and add equal parts to each plate. Add Parmesan cheese. If desired, add additional basil to each plate. Enjoy!