These little turnovers are similar to mini-calzones with all the fresh taste of bruschetta
Serves: 18Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. prepared pizza dough
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Roll dough a floured surface and roll it out 1⁄4 inch thick. Use a 3-inch diameter circle and cut out 18 circles. On half of each pastry circle put garlic, tomato, basil, and mozzarella cheese. Fold over half of each circle (making a half moon shape) and seal edges by pressing down. Place on baking sheet and flash freeze.
- Place pastries on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Brush each turnover with olive oil and return to oven for 5 to 10 additional minutes until pastry turns a golden brown.
- Serve hot.