Bruschetta with Tomatoes
Donʼt have olive oil? Try saving a bit of juice from the chopped tomato and spreading it over the toasted bread after it has been rubbed with garlic.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 4 slices French or other crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. julienned fresh basil
- Sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread slices. Rub the garlic over one side of each toasted bread slice. Spread the chopped tomato on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and top with basil.