Brussels Sprouts and Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Filled with Brussels sprouts and chickpeas, these stuffed sweet potatoes are a wholesome and savory meal that’s ideal for Meatless Monday.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1⁄2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a fork, prick sweet potatoes all over. Arrange on baking sheet; bake 45 to 50 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, on baking sheet, arrange Brussels sprouts and chickpeas. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup; toss to combine. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then split tops open with knife. Spoon equal amounts of Brussels sprouts and chickpeas into each sweet potato.