Brussels Sprouts Casserole
An updated version of the classic green bean casserole with seasonal Brussels sprouts, a splash of sherry and a crunchy Parmesan topping.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 can (10.5-oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl half way with ice and water. Butter a 1 ½-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- Blanche Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice bath. Once cool drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add shallots and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add sherry and cook until reduced by half. Stir in soup, milk and pepper bring to a low boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to sauce. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Mix together melted butter, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over Brussels sprout. Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers.