Bubbly Black Bean and Cheese Dip
Serve this dip with crispy tortilla chips. For an extra bit of richness, swirl in a spoonful of low-fat sour cream just before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 1 1⁄2-quart casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Combine the beans, broth, cheese, garlic, lime juice, oregano, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process the mixture until it is very smooth, then stir in the salsa.
- Pour the dip into the prepared casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake the dip on the middle oven rack until warmed through, about 25 minutes. Stir the dip just before serving.