Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ lb. pancetta, cut into ¼” pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 can (35 oz.) Italian plum tomatoes, broken up by hand
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. bucatini pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy. Add the onion, and sauté 5 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
- Place pasta in a warm serving bowl, add the sauce, and toss well. Sprinkle with the cheese.