Buckwheat is such a versatile gluten-free food! When used as a flour, it tastes delicious in recipes for baked goods as well as breakfast items, like these divine crepes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. safflower oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Add eggs, 1⁄4 cup oil, milk, water, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Use remaining oil, a little bit at a time, to grease a 9-inch round nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Using a ladle or glass measuring cup, slowly pour 1⁄4 cup batter into skillet; swirl around pan.
- Cook crepe until golden on bottom, 30 to 45 seconds. Using a wide spatula, turn crepe over; cook 30 more seconds. Keep in mind that crepes can be finicky, so it may take some practice! Transfer to plate. Make more with remaining batter. Use immediately, or cover and chill to use later.