Buddha Bowl with Sesame Brittle
This one-bowl meal contains so many great flavors and nutritional benefits.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 large baked sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- In a small skillet, heat sesame seeds, sesame oil, and honey together over high heat. Stirring constantly, cook until honey begins to sizzle. Transfer immediately to a piece of parchment paper. Place in refrigerator or freeze until cool. Crack or crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chickpeas, frying chickpeas for 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes to skillet, and continue to sauté until sweet potato and chickpeas are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add honey and coconut aminos, then stir and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine kale with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat.
- To assemble bowl, place kale and chickpea–sweet potato mixture over brown rice. Top with sesame brittle. Enjoy hot or cold.