Buffalo Chicken Meatball Casserole
This crowd-pleasing Buffalo Chicken Meatball Casserole is a comforting take on a classic game day favorite! Homemade Buffalo chicken meatballs are smothered in a semi-homemade garlic pasta sauce with rigatoni and then topped with gooey cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2⁄3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup Private Selection™ Shaved Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup P$$T…™ Hot Sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) rigatoni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Private Selection™ Napoletana Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1⁄2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll the mixture into 12-14 meatballs.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the meatballs and brown for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta sauce, remaining ¼ cup of hot sauce, melted butter and vinegar. Whisk until well combined. Toss with the cooked rigatoni and then pour into the same skillet used for browning the meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the pasta and sauce in the skillet. Bake for 30 minutes. Top the casserole with the remaining ⅓ cup of Parmesan cheese and the shredded mozzarella during the last 10 minutes of baking time. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!