Buffalo Chicken Pasta
One of the most sought-after pizzas is Buffalo chicken pizza, full of mozzarella, buffalo sauce, juicy chicken, and ranch dressing. It just so happens that these flavors are equally impressive mixed into macaroni and cheese.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (16 oz.) elbow pasta
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb. celery, cut into sticks
- In a large stockpot, prepare elbow pasta according to package instructions.
- While water for pasta is coming to a boil, begin preparing chicken. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté chicken, garlic, and onion powders until cooked through and golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add 1⁄2 cup buffalo sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate small pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. When melted, whisk in flour. Whisk constantly for 1 minute. Slowly add milk and cream, and continue to whisk. Increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When elbows are ready, drain and return to pot. Add cheese sauce, remaining buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and chicken. Stir until well combined. Spoon into bowls and top with cilantro. Garnish with celery sticks.