Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Tender chicken topped with buttery buffalo sauce pairs perfectly with roasted sweet potatoes.
Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kroger Garlic Powder
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, to serve if desired
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Poke the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch into the water, then set aside. In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, butter, paprika and garlic powder. Continue whisking until the butter is completely melted.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded chicken.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut them in half lengthwise, without cutting them all the way down to keep them connected. Stuff each sweet potato with equal amounts of chicken.
- Serve with a drizzle of dressing and top each with fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate leftovers.